News:

Welcome to the Big Bash Angling Club Forum

Main Menu

2020 AGM venue question

Started by Leo Martin, September 16, 2020, 21:26:43

Previous topic - Next topic

Leo Martin

2020 AGM meeting venue

There have been some really great ideas and topics raised i the questions section for the AGM meeting this year and I think we are doing great in timings as there is still plenty of time before the end of our Summer League.

There is a slight problem however in that the rule of 6 is now in force and this prevents us holding our AGM in the usual format where we meet either in a room, pub or location and gather in a group as we have done so the last few years.

The AGM meeting I believe is also etremely important this year with the committee changes so far and in the near future top of the agenda list.

The question to discuss for all members is how do we believe we hold the AGM when we are unable to meet together face to face in a group above the number 6?

Does the AGM get delayed until after COVID 19 dissappears ( there is no timescale on this virus)
Do we utilse technology and use one of the social media meeting sites to hold the meeting.  Microsoft Teams or Zoom are good ones and free to set up and easy to use.
Any other ideas?

99% of our members have internet access and a COVID friendly AGM via Microsoft Teams or Zoom could be a much better option than no AGM at all. For those who have not used or expeience in using these methods they really are simple and easy to use.

Please post your input or questions below to help move this forward

Duck Hunter Extraordinaire

steelcowboy

Sounds good Leo , maybe ask how many would / could attend a AGM as if numbers are low then this could go ahead as normal .
If not in comes the Tech

Leo Martin

Following on from Max suggestion below, we have held the last couple of AGMs directly after a match and had great attendances with most members present.
Prior to this we tried mid week evening AGM meetings and I think the best attendances were about 8 or 9 people who could make them. Views were passed on beforehand for the discussions at these sessions.

Please post your names below if interested in attending the AGM meeting and we can take it from there.

jasper31

I will be attending either way
Wasn't me!

steelcowboy

Leo Martin

come on guys, please indicate ifyou are interested in attending this years AGM meeting?

please leave your name and a simple yes / no below

Jasper Yes
Max  Yes
Leo Yes
Mick Roche Yes
Indian Yes
Andy Waite Yes
Keith Smith esquire Yes

Indian

Mickr1963

All Leeds Aren't We

Leo Martin

thanks Guys,

Any more names please?

andy w8

Leo Martin

tackletart

Vegatarian is Indian for Lousy Hunter

Leo Martin

Thank you Keith,

keep them coming please

fishfinder

Leo Martin

Zoom meeting test invite

Friday 19:30

Short session to test out Zoom and say hello to everyone who can attend. simply copy and paste the invite below into your laptop, I phone or tablet and meet you there.
Meeting invite and passcode below. turn your camera and microphone on and smile.

Leo Martin is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.