News:

Welcome to the Big Bash Angling Club Forum

Main Menu

Topics / Rules / Ideas to discuss at the 2020 AGM

Started by jasper31, September 15, 2020, 11:45:30

Previous topic - Next topic

jasper31

Gents,

We are looking to hold the AGM very shortly and are looking to you the members to have an input into your club. If you have any ideas, rules or general topics that you would like to bring up so we can all discuss / vote on then please comment below. This is your club and its always run on a democracy so this is your time to shine or even argue if you feel we are doing anything wrong. Nothing is off the board as long as it not abusive, degrading or offensive, all complaints will be investigated and acted up on. If you feel you need to keep it off a public forum then please PM me or any committee member who will treat it confidential. Any member that wishes to apply to be a committee member can also PM me.

List of ideas to discuss:

1 - Committee members  - roles / responsibilities /
2 - Complaints
3 - Rules / changes / new / old
4 - Match fee and payment options ( inc super pools option)
5 - Live draw / draw on day
6 - Venues
7 - Forum / Facebook / Social media
8 - Hosting of pictures / documents on the forum
9 - Only booking lake where we can park behind all pegs
10 - Pay out options
11 - Rod / Pole only matches
12 - Silver fish match only
13 - Natural venue option
14 - Membership numbers,
15 - pegging numbers,
16 - number of matches,
17 - number of friendlies,
18 - timings of confirmations and paying on Right balence?
19 - COVID responses and safety of membership .
20 - Commemorative  award/ trophy for Jack and event if required
21 - Afternoon matches
22 - Ranking league positions and  sections split out depending upon ranking

Wasn't me!

steelcowboy

Would like to suggest / discuss payouts , suggest paying winner plus runner up and just section winners .
Paying 2nd in a section of 4 just doesn't seem right obviously this is only my personal view but I know is shared with some others .
this is not about being greedy just my view on how payouts should be and before we have the comment Which will be coming ! let me answer no it's pretty obvious I don't fish with the bash for the money or the opens at Messingham.

Also agree with Glen , Mick, and Nige about booking venues with parking behind or with only say a 5 peg walk

steelcowboy

Would like to the Friday night draw to be permanent along with with payment by PayPal .

The  reasons for payment via PayPal :
money is guaranteed So does not effect pegging or payouts if angler does not turn up
More time for the organiser on the bankside instead of counting money and sorting pay outs
PayPal is very easy to set up and is safe only need a bank account , debit card or credit card .

Leo Martin

Membership numbers,
pegging numbers,
number of matches,
number of friendlies,
timings of confirmations and paying on
Right balence?
COVID responses and safety of membership .
Commmerative award/ trophy for Jack and event if required

Duck Hunter Extraordinaire

Skyblue1987

Why the problem with payouts?? It seems a yearly thing on the agm ??
In this years current climate I can't, don't see a problem with paying out as we have done for last 3 odd years.
It gives back a little to those who maybe might be struggling to help pay for the days sport . Maybe that has be forgotten by some that needed help???.
If money is not an issue as max says why has he brought it up?? Confused.com???
If the few want extra money then can I suggest that they organise a super pool amongst themselves that way we all are happy ...For the many not the few!
I had a season ticket once you know

steelcowboy

Don't know why you have to be so personal ? But at least it is a frontal attack at last ! (Respect)

I thought we was asked for our views / suggestions for the Upcoming AGM ?

Whats wrong with the number of matches what's wrong with the number of members are these not brought up every year totally confused .com! ! ! ! !

Leo Martin

Item 10 pay out options is on the discussion list

jasper31

As stated earlier - this is a members club and as such each member has the right to bring any topic up as long as its not disrespectful, derogatory or offensive to others.

Where money is concerned its always going to open up debate, same as venues, leagues, fishing limits etc but its the reason why we have an AGM that way at this meeting we can discuss and vote on any changes, that why we keep it a democratic club and not an autocratic club where the committee makes all the decisions....

At present we are collating ideas and questions from the members to discuss at the AGM so can i ask that we keep the discussion for the meeting and not on the forum page.   
Wasn't me!

steelcowboy

Many thanks Leo and Jasper for clearing that small misunderstanding up

Leo Martin

Just need members to say if they are interested in attending the AGM now so discusions and debates can take place on the agenda items.
The committee would like to know who wants to attend an AGM so we can move forward please.

andy w8

If we do the live draw Fri night thing we should have a time for people to go to there pegs say from 8am just like lindholme lakes?

Leo Martin

Quote from: andy w8 on September 21, 2020, 20:08:08
If we do the live draw Fri night thing we should have a time for people to go to there pegs say from 8am just like lindholme lakes?

Hi Andy, thanks for the input. This question is covered by item 5.

fishfinder

We have fished most Saturdays this year with knock ups,could we not start the summer league a bit later and finish a bit earlier and fish every Saturday say may to  end of September

jasper31

Wasn't me!

Leo Martin

Guys,

if you please message me with your email adresses I will try set up a few test run sessions on with Zoom or Microsoft teams as a trial run and show how versitile the system can be.
since lockdown I have been using it daily for numerous work meetings and it is safe to use on your I phone, laptop, Ipad or PC.

thanks

Leo