News:

Welcome to the Big Bash Angling Club Forum

Main Menu

2020 summer league round 8 Grange Park Curlew September 12th

Started by Leo Martin, September 12, 2020, 22:27:56

Previous topic - Next topic

Leo Martin

September 12th summer league round 8 Curlew Grange Park

Been a few years since the club has fished this lake on Grange Park Fishery where we are always guaranteed a few bites.
Now moving into Autumn, some sunshine, some clouds , breezy at times is was a nice weather day to go fishing and expectations were high.
Friday night COVID friendly draw with a clothed Jasper in the chair again. 18 Bashers and our welcome guests of a wolf and fox cub joining the animal farm so full house of 20 anglers on the lake.
Peg 2 was yours truly as it was thought the wheel of fortune had looked after me, wrong I was at the far end. Best bite of the day was when John Utting said there was also not cars allowed on the grass, I almost went home. Maybe I should have looking at the results.
It was hard, very hard and unusually hard to obtain bites at this fishery known for bites a plenty. However this is why we call it fishing and not catching fish.
With peg 1 out and John Lanelly on peg 3 my thoughts were top2 + 1 in front, top 2 + 6 to peg 1 platform and a feeder to along the reeds at end of the pond. Great idea but no one told the fish.
Very little ripple, wind over our backs at this end of the lake, flat calm and not much else to say.
One crucian, an ide, a couple of roach and then 6lb 2oz made up of small skimmers on double red maggot at 2 + 1 . Hard day at the office is a good explanation. Great company and chatty match with John on peg 3 but otherwise not one to retain in the memory banks.
Well done to Andy Waite on his match wine with 49.4 . well done to other packet pickers and massive well done to those who finished their colouring books, suduko and what ever else entertained them for the 6 hours
Peg 2 Leo 6-2
Peg 3 John Lanelly 4-4
Peg 5 Zak Lawton 24-0  sec
Peg 7 Keith Smith 22-6 2nd in sec
Peg 8 Dave Fox 17-10
Peg Mick Roche 10-12
Peg 10 John Utting 24-2 sec
Peg 11 Lewis Fox 18-6 2nd in sec
Peg 12 Nige Cooke 9.4
Peg 13 Big Glen 12-10
Peg 14 Indian 5.8
Peg 15 Wilf  DNS
Peg 16 Andy Waite 49-4  match winner
Peg 17 Kevin Chalk 9.4 2nd in sec
Peg 19 Steve Curtis 31.0  sec
Peg 20 Jasper 41-10   sec
Peg 21 Steve Guy 4-2
Peg 23 Smiler 21-0  2nd in sec
Peg 24 Max 18=14
Peg 26 Wolfy

Thank you for the organisation Jasper once again, thank you to Steve Curtis for weighing in again and also Glen for timekeeping.
Thank you everyone else for their continued support.
Next League match Bonsai on 26th September, plenty of confirmations and payment still required so please help out as we have guests waiting.

Please add your comments on the day, tactics, baits, good reading books.....
Duck Hunter Extraordinaire

fishfinder

What a difference a few days make on Thursday it was a bite a chuck 130lb ,114 ,89 and with about 13 on the pond all catching, got to my peg 19 which is on a swallow bar which is very shallow as the pond is about 2ft down, not the best peg but expected a few, can't believe I had to chuck a feeder to get a bite.dont like this pond much as I fish paste and get fed up with small fish tapping at it but could not even get bites from them,oh well thats fishing, its been a strange year all round places not catching like they normally do, so onto the next which I understand is again fishing dodgy.