News:

Welcome to the Big Bash Angling Club Forum

Main Menu

2020 summer league update

Started by Leo Martin, May 26, 2020, 21:37:32

Previous topic - Next topic

Leo Martin

Guys,

the great work by the Angling Trust alongside a few renowned match anglers and Aaron from Lindholme have campaigned to re introduce the return of safe match angling and respecting social distancing.

The first club match for Big Bash angling club looks like being on Hoskers at Candy Corner on June 20th.

Currently one of our members is designing a safe weigh sling support to aid the safe single handed weighing in of fish.

A decision is required on what the membership want to do with regard to the summer league. We had 15 matches planned and have lost 6 to the virus. The question for everyone to answer is do you want to set up a reduced match league of 9 matches or just run the season as 9 individual matches? I have set up a vote for the membership to pass their views on this.

whilst we have the go ahead to start fishing competitive matches again, we must also remember that the lock down could come back at any time and affect the rest of the year should the virus numbers start to climb again.

The challenge cup for 2020 is best parked I think  and monies paid in will be returned.

The next question is membership money and subscriptions . Normally the money paid in goes back out as prize money for the end of the league. It also helps retain loyalty to the club during the season and has some moneys in to cover if no shows occur when someone has said they would fish.
Please pass your views on this below and if we ask for a payment for the club or not. Especially if the voting majority call for no 2020 league to be run. Depending upon the decision of the membership majority, any fees paid in can be returned if required to do so.

please comment as required below and also pass your vote on the voting question.

Duck Hunter Extraordinaire

Indian

For me carry it over to next year on all counts

Skyblue1987

I had a season ticket once you know

Nigel David Cooke

Whatever is best for the club lads 👍

fishfinder

Can you not book some of the matches we have missed on the weekends when we don't have a match, these normally have knock ups on them in a normal year,then run the league on how many we can get rebooked .I'm not in favour of righting a year off,might not have many left the way people are passing away.

Jlanelly

Carry on as normal from date allowed add in a few nock up matches to cover the few missed most like to fish every Saturday if possible

Leo Martin

Thank you for your views guys, can you please go on the voting  thread to capture your opinion as we will use this to guide us.
Duck Hunter Extraordinaire

Mickr1963

It was only up to last year when we were allowed to drop five results from fifteen matches, we still have nine matches remaining and if we moved ferrets memorial to a venue where we could weigh in we would have ten matches left, if we make all of these matches count towards the league it would near enough be a normal year and incentivise attendance.
All Leeds Aren't We