News:

Welcome to the Big Bash Angling Club Forum

Main Menu

Lindholme Beeches 6th June - Ferrets / Jacks Memorial Day

Started by jasper31, May 15, 2020, 09:25:26

Previous topic - Next topic

jasper31

Gents,
         As you know this weekend is usually spent on site and having a few beers / barbie and a bloody good time, but it is also a time when we reflect on our lost colleague Ferret. This year would have been extra touching as we recently lost another stalwart in our very own Jack Crabtree.

I felt that we couldn't let this pass even in this uncertain times and as such i contact Aaron at Lindholme and he has agreed to give us the pond as normal (he isn't taking bookings of pegs for anyone) due to the circumstances but he doesn't want it publishing so please keep this amidst the Bash lads. The normal cost is £10 a day ticket with a bag of pellets or a bag of live bait thrown into that cost.

To reduce contact and abide by the social distancing guidelines, what i have said i will do is i'm going to pay Aaron direct from Paypal. He will give me the peg numbers and i will do a live draw on the Friday night, i will put post on here and Facebook informing everyone what peg they have. You can then drive direct to your peg and set up, i will then walk the bank and throw your pellets at you from a safe distance (more than 2m)  >:D >:D we can all start fishing at 10 after a minutes round of applause for our departed friends.

As there are no keep nets and weighing allowed at this moment in time (could change nearer the time) for the anglers who want to join in and have a little competition i will do a virtual match on live on Facebook on the Saturday night, dependent on entries will depend on payout. I will then pay the winners out by the same way they pay on. The payments details are:

Match - £10
Virtual Pools - £15 (optional)

START time 11:00 and finish at 17:00

Payment method is either:

Paypal - awilson@harsco.com
Bank Transfer - Acc No.48001341 & Sort Code 54-41-26

I will take cash at Grange Park tomorrow if you are not that technically minded to have these 2 set up.

I have had a few confirmations so far.

1 Leo Martin           Yes -   Paid £20 - Paypal
2 Mike Dodd           Yes -   Paid £20 - Paypal
3 John Utting          Yes -   Paid £20 - Paypal
4 M Roche              Yes -   Paid £20 - Paypal
5 Jasper                 Yes -   Paid £20 - Paypal
6 Ngel Cooke          Yes -   Paid £20 - Paypal
7 Fred Turton          Yes -   Paid £20 - Paypal
8 Steve Guy            Yes -   Paid £20 - Cash
9 Andy Waite           Yes -   Paid £20 - Paypal
10 Big Glen             Yes -   Paid £20 - Paypal
11 Conlan Wilson     Yes -   Paid £20 - Paypal
12 John Lanelly        Yes -   Paid £20 - Paypal
13 Kevin Chalk         Yes -   Paid £20 - Paypal
14 Wilf Lawton         Yes -   Paid £20 - Paypal
15 Paul Whitehouse  Yes -   Paid £20 - Paypal
16 Steve Curtis        Yes -   Paid £20 - Paypal
17 Steelcowboy        Yes -   Paid £20 - Paypal
18 Kev Webster        Yes -   Paid £15 - Cash
19 Dave Fox             Yes -   Paid £20 - Paypal
20 Keith Smith.        Yes -    Paid £20 - Cash
21 Papa Kev             Yes -   Paid £20 - Paypal
22 Stephen Akal       Yes -   Paid £20 - Paypal
23 Pete Turton          Yes -   Paid £20 - Paypal

No
Smiler

Reserves
Wasn't me!

Nigel David Cooke

Due to the pandemic I am not allowed out of the house till at least the 15th of June so I will have to miss matches at least till then 😢

kiwi

Nigel you forgot to post what year  ;D

Leo Martin

Guys,

we have 7 paid via PayPal which is the way forward in this pandemic so really helps reducing viral transfer risks.

We have one paid up front in cash as well, thank you. 7 guys have said they are fishing and 4 to confirm and 1 vacancy for a guest.

Any payments sent across to Jasper up front will aid payment to Aaron as this is also being done via Paypal prior to match day.

This may be a condition of future "new normal" match fishing and virus control so something to think about for our club.

If those to confirm their places can please do so we can take reserves in any vacant places.

Duck Hunter Extraordinaire

jasper31

Wasn't me!

jasper31

Payments being taken, anyone wanting to pay on day let me know. As stated I will be paying for this upfront...
Wasn't me!

Jlanelly

Jlanelly

Gents now match fishing is allowed are we fishing both days as per original schedule if Lindholme will allow I'm sure Jasper can use his influencing skills on Aaron and Neil

fishfinder

Seen some posts on lindholme site and not starting matches until 23rd I think

fishfinder

Much as I would have liked to fish this and show respect to jack,ferrit I did not know,I have to say no,can't get interested with no nets,dont even mind nets and no money,but no results? Sorry

Paul Whitehouse

Can you put me down for this one please. I will pay in a minute

jasper31

Wasn't me!

fishfinder

Leo Martin

Guys to try secure margins full of the Beasts from Beeches it is proposed we start the knock up at 11am and finish at 17:00.

No one to arrive at the fishery before 09:15 please

Hope this is okay with everyone
Duck Hunter Extraordinaire