News:

Welcome to the Big Bash Angling Club Forum

Main Menu

May 23rd Messingham Lakes Tripp Lake

Started by Leo Martin, May 13, 2020, 22:10:34

Previous topic - Next topic

Leo Martin

Quote from: fishfinder on May 20, 2020, 20:32:49
What happens if you dont fill this match will the money come out of club funds,just asking as I personally don't think this is right seeing as it's only greed why he insists on 20 pegs being paid for,for pleasure fishing.Just my opinion and I'm only 1 member.

Hi Steve,

We are still hopeful of the remaining pegs being filled before the weekend and the committee will decide when we know the exact numbers.
Duck Hunter Extraordinaire

Leo Martin

Arrangements for Saturday knock up and addressing social distancing.

If you collect your pellets form Messingham Sands pellet hut on the main site following their rules.

Drive down to Tripp Lake

Jasper will be on site at Tripp lake for approximately 08:00am in the entrance
Pay Jasper via your car window at the side of Jaspers truck. right money/ change appreciated please.
Jasper will draw you peg in front of you to enable you to drive to your peg.

suggested pegging currently is 1,2,4,5,7,8,10,12,13,15.19.21.25,26.28.29.31,32,34&35.

set up and fish. no whistle to start or end.

No weigh in so you can fish from setting up to when you are ready to pack up. I am guessing he will want to lock the gates approx 17:00 / 18:00.

tight lines lads. Been looking forward to this for a long time 208 days actually  :) :) :) Please ensure I am pointing in the right direction  ;D ;D ;D

Skyblue1987

Leo you might want one of the pegs round past the entrance 6 onwards I think?? Flat to get down to if this helps ?? Glens you're man to ask..
I had a season ticket once you know

Jlanelly

Leo Martin

Quote from: Skyblue1987 on May 20, 2020, 21:10:45
Leo you might want one of the pegs round past the entrance 6 onwards I think?? Flat to get down to if this helps ?? Glens you're man to ask..

Thanks Mike, peg 10 he says is most level one. I can hear it now flierrrrrrr lol.

Leo Martin

Skyblue1987

Quote from: Leo Martin on May 20, 2020, 22:57:21
Quote from: Skyblue1987 on May 20, 2020, 21:10:45

Thanks Mike, peg 10 he says is most level one. I can hear it now flierrrrrrr lol.

Is that a topkits peg😂😂😂
I had a season ticket once you know

Leo Martin

big glen

Leo
Could you add Zack Lawton to the list for Saturday please

big glen

Leo
Can you put Zack Lawton down for Saturday please.

Leo Martin

Jlanelly

Got a no show for tomorrow Mark can't make it he has to work

Leo Martin

Leo Martin

Great day yesterday and massive thank you to all who helped with transferring my tackle from car to peg and back at end of the day. Much appreciated and a credit to all our club members who go above and beyond in helping their friends out.

Great too be back on the bank again and even better to socially distance meet everyone as its been a long time.

Fish wasn't too bad either with the stocky Crucians one a bung and hard fighting carp to be found as well to test elastic and rigs.

Lake in fine fettle, loads of room for everyone and peace , quiet and tranquillity of the countryside replaced lockdown at home. The fish are hungry and feeding well. No signs of spawning as yet on Tripp whihc was also a bonus considering the recent changes in weather.

Pole lines for me each side on my "disabled" peg 10   and a short line out in front all producing. Even had a go on Pellet Waggler for a play which also produced. Thanks to our own Steve Spielburg on camera Phone  Mick Roche for posting the Waggler catch with my gallery of Andy W8, Foxy and Jasper in the background providing extra laughs. Good fun guys and its what I#ve been missing.

Strange pleasure fishing and not match fishing as your set up is totally different having no nets in.I used to use my nets for Waggler rod support so cocked this up staright away.  I suppose its not worth making adjustments as hopefully fisheries will be allowed matches sooner than later when safe to do so. These knock ups do enable us to have a laugh and meet our friends as well as reduce cabin fever and keep our heads in order.

Thank you also to John Lanellys friends who picked up Indians hardcase rod holdall and returned it to us, Good guys. Ill bring it to Beaches Kev for you mate.

Must say good to see Messingham Sands Social distancing safe pellet and cash transfer system in place via a table, sneeze screen, bread basket and landing net. Simple but effective, well done.