News:

Welcome to the Big Bash Angling Club Forum

Main Menu

Fishing back or what?

Started by Leo Martin, May 10, 2020, 20:08:01

Previous topic - Next topic

Leo Martin

Hoping some clarity comes out soon to help fishery owners out and also us.
Duck Hunter Extraordinaire

steve

Lindholm and Springvale are reopening on Wednesday.

Leo Martin

Looks like it's all go everywhere except rivers due to "close season". Guess there will be a mad rush and fisheries will have to manage the situations locally. Lindholme have well published rules for covid. Others will no doubt follow. Amid the clamour to go out please remember to buy your license , stay safe and look after yourselves and each other.

big glen

We need to find out if any of the matches we have booked will allow us to keep the pegs and pleasure fish on the dates we have booked

kiwi

Hope you all soon get back fishing as near as possible  as of Thursday we can start back out with boats and tackle shops back open so we can get bait instead of making due with what we could raid out of fridge

Leo Martin

D Day tomorrow Roy with a lot of fisheries now open and lots with similar rules and some with different ones. Be interesting how things go on for both fishery owners and anglers.

Its pleasure angling only , no matches or competitions. fingers crossed it goes well for everyone.

Leo Martin

Forest Lane Fisheries

Just to clear things up I have just had a in-depth conversation with Danny from the Angling Trust who told me we were not breaking any government guidelines he asked me to rephrase my earlier post for our protection
The onus is on the Angler who will fish individually our pegs are 9 meters apart (15 meters are only a guideline not law!!!) these Anglers will use keep nets, Eddie and myself who both live in the same house will weigh in with the individual more than 2 meters away as the government advise this is NOT A SOCIAL GATHERING AS SOME MAY THINK .
We as a fishery are adhering to all government guidelines

ANGLERS TRUST guys response to a fishery advertising an open match this coming Saturday

Dear Kate & Eddie, Hello again, I've just been pointed to this page by one of my colleagues and several concerned Match Anglers. Please allow me to clarify, as we had two conversions via phone, one with Eddie and one with Kate, I would not want any misunderstanding. Yes 15 meters is a guide line. Yes Keepnet use is a guideline, however we strongly advise that they are not used as it encourages matches. I did inform you that an advertised match will be seen by the majority of the population as a gathering, this is why the Trust advised no keepnet use during phase one of the eased lockdown restrictions. We are very fortunate as a sport to be allowed both unlimited travel and unlimited time to practise and participate. The opportunity to once again sit in the Sun and watch a float, will be a draw to many Anglers (not just Match Anglers), I would envisage that filling pegs should be easy for at least a month or so. I also believe that most competitive Anglers will be happy to wait until phase 2 of our When We Fish Again advice, before commencing their competitive Angling again. I am concerned and did state so several times over the phone, organising a Match will be seen as social gathering. We are currently allowed to fish with; immediate members of our families or as individuals, the guidance is very clear, please check this link, https://joinanglingtrust.net/angling-support-hub-phase-one/ I'm very keen to see Forest Lane Fisheries support as many Anglers back to the Sport they love as possible. I did not, at any point say the fishery wasn't braking Government guidelines, I asked that you look at how you advertise the fishery and how you would organise a match with out it being seen as a Social Gathering. Kate, I would very appreciate you sharing the name of the Angling National Governing Body you said was advising you originally before we spoke, I'm not aware of a second NGB in England? I would also appreciate seeing any post you upload before publishing if you use my name is regards to advice or quotation. Lastly just to clarify when you state I said the following, " who told me we were not breaking any government guidelines he asked me to rephrase my earlier post for our protection" I didn't say that, I did infare we have provided guidelines and that you read them closely. I also said I would be concerned that running a match would attract the wrong message regarding gatherings. Please readdress you statement regarding our dissection on this thread. Many thanks. You are not allowed to fish Matches, I hope this is clear?

Leo Martin

UPDATE as of September 9th

With new Covid-19 guidelines coming into force on Monday limiting gatherings to no more than six people, the Angling Trust wishes to reassure match anglers and organisers that competitive fishing will still be permissible provided our best practice guidelines are followed.

You can download the guidelines for coarse, sea, game and lure match fishing on the Angling Support Hub.

We would also like to remind all anglers to fish safely and avoid spreading the virus by following the Angling Trust's guidelines for individual anglers, clubs, fisheries, coaches, guides, ghillies and charter boats.

Jamie Cook, Angling Trust CEO, said: "Angling was the first sport to resume participation following the lockdown and the first to return to competition as a result of the work the Angling Trust undertook in providing clear and safe guidance.

"Anglers and organisers must now redouble their efforts to ensure that they comply with that guidance. We must ensure that fishing remains a safe, permitted activity by playing our part and maintaining the high standards of best practice we have set ourselves.

"Fishing has delivered enormous benefits to millions of people post lockdown and the Angling Trust will continue to ensure that anglers can practice their sport safely and angling remains part of the solution to people's wellbeing and not a cause of problems."

The Angling Trust will continue to review the Government's written guidance as it is published and update our guidance to anglers, fisheries, clubs and competition organisers accordingly.