News:

Welcome to the Big Bash Angling Club Forum

Main Menu

WHAT ARE YOU MISSING MOST?

Started by steve, May 04, 2020, 19:47:10

Previous topic - Next topic

steve

What you missing most of all in this lockdown then?

We've missed a holiday in Scotland. Really missing a decent walk in the countryside and I'd love a dirty breakfast in a greasy spoon. Before Indian jumps in with his idea of a dirty breakfast mine is bacon, eggs, mushrooms, beans, tom's, hash browns, toast and a big mug of tea, mmmmm. My Mrs is trying to keep me alive so I'm not really allowed.  ;)

Leo Martin

No mention of cooking the breakfast in healthy cooking oil or dripping then?
Duck Hunter Extraordinaire

jasper31

i'm missing going out for a meal, overnight stays in hotel but sport is the biggest yearn... i will even say i'm missing going to watch the mighty iron and meeting up for a shandy or two!!!
Wasn't me!

Skyblue1987

Missing nothing really!! Might shock a few ...
We used to have 3 month close season 
Used to get all jobs in those 3 months for freeing up fishing days
Can do a bit of walking with the dogs now along the Trent spotting fish areas
Drinkwise not bothered really my days are over for that
So not much really
Miss the lads and the bank side banter
And the weekly visits to the tackle shop
But I have my health! So that's one thing we would all miss...especially those who have passed too soon ..
:'( :'( :'(
I had a season ticket once you know

kiwi

My daily trip to bakery for cream dough nut  been able to do my own shopping  Steve must be missing Smiler but wont admit it >:D   Don't miss the bloody noisy motorbikes and cars here in nz senior get through check out at super market before others

Indian

Nothing wrong with that bfast Steve just needs black pudding and must be cooked in lard missing the fishing and the banter but found plenty to do

steve

Thought your idea of a "dirty" breakfast Kev would include plenty of lube. 😀

Leo Martin

Must say its been such a long time since I saw you all and miss the banter and friendship of everyone.

Missing eating out and simply being able to go somewhere in my car to sit and "walk" about be it coast, country or anywhere to people watch. ( Not that sort Mike).

Gardening on one leg is fun...not. which just adds to my frustrations.

A good side of this is how many people stop and talk when on daily exercise walks ( at social distance of course). Similarly the clap for carers session on Thursday nights usually end up with neighbourly conversations which is nice. An increase in community spirit is growing.

ON the work front and working from home has resulted in even more laptop work and digital meetings of various forms. Unable to hold face to face sessions means a lot longer on phone or talking to laptop as you try to engage people and explain things. BLOODY NIGHTMARE and so frustrating.

Missing family and grand kids as well. 

Skyblue1987

I go dogging most days Leo don't knock it till you have tried it ;) ;) ;D ;D ;D I've taken now to light jogging through the village one day a week on a Thursday at 8pm normally I get a massive round of applause from all of the village for my efforts  ;) :Music_musik29:

kiwi

I hope you wear your Lycra  shorts Mike :laugh:

Indian

Steve the lard is the lube times are hard O0

Skyblue1987

Roy,I go naked let it all swing in the breeze plenty of air round the tackle :bigfish :Music_musik29:
Tell you what though it's great when you get a wide berth in the shop getting the papers for my neighbours
Don't get funny looks anymore and best of all no chafing from the Lycra  ;) ;) ;D ;D

kiwi

Leo hope you are keeping the grandchildren weekly pocket money to one side ;D

Leo Martin

All sixpences polished nicely Roy on the side mate

Leo Martin

Looks like the lockdown is affect Ferryites worse than most. Naked joggers dogging near papershops and comparisons of dog waste bins. What ever next