News:

Welcome to the Big Bash Angling Club Forum

Main Menu

How is everyone?

Started by Leo Martin, April 13, 2020, 18:47:05

Previous topic - Next topic

Leo Martin

Okay guys as we enter week 4 of the lockdown and the likelyhood of several weeks extension how is everyone?
Are you on the rolling self isolation lockdown or the  12 week protective shield?
Are you fit and well?
Are you coping in the isolation if home alone or coping with the wife finding tasks and work?
Are your gardens well cared for?
How much tackle have you cleaned, rigs prepared and hooks tied?
Are you still working in work or able to work from home?
Duck Hunter Extraordinaire

steve

Glad to say that I am fine so too is Smiler.
Running out of jobs though, and I've watched that many angling video's on YouTube that the Telly is waterlogged!
Smiler had wrapped himself up in tin foil and pipe lagging until his Mrs pointed out that he should be self isolating not insulating.
Seat box cleaned out and restocking shopping list compiled. A few rigs that needed replacing done. Pole and all top kits cleaned, elastics replaced.
Smiler spotted a mouse near his shed whilst he was dozing and has spent the past few days hunting it, but up to now it's got the better of him. He can't tie any new rigs at the moment due to the cuts and bruises on his fingers from the traps he has set.

Keep safe everyone. Lets hope we are all back on the bank-side together soon  :)

Leo Martin

Hi Steve,

Glad you are okay along with chuckle brother 2.

I do find it surprising he is looking for mice again as I thought he had suffered enough when the last time a large one with Micky mouse ears jumped out from behind a door to scare him.

All okay here at this end. No change in the leg although I have moved onto crutches and shoe instead of velcro ski boot. I gain in that the velcro boot straps do not hurt my chin and back aching stops but loose use of my hands again as they are now on crutches again.  longest walk so far is 2600 steps like this in training shoe and crutches so hopefully making progress and the bloody bone grows and joins together. Also the virus has affected hospital appointment dates which have moved out form 4 weeks to 12 currently.  Up to date with rigs and hooks tied. next may be elastic in top kits cant decide as yet or bring myself to ask Mike to strip some out of his nickers for me.

Still working from home in the week, ad learning all sorts of media skills with WEBEX, WhatsApp  and microsift teams favourite so far so only weekend s are free and spending time in garden as we cant go any-where.

whats everyone else up to and are you all okay?

jasper31

All i can say is wibble wibble
Wasn't me!

Leo Martin

Come on Jasper, share those big breakfast cooking recipes with the guys on here. The Isles "Ferry Foodie".

kiwi

Leo  bet Jasper perfected the art of making home made beer  in lock down in my cabin but a don't have to doing any shopping but the daughter in law cut out the bloody chocolate and biscuits I have 1/4 acre of garden  pass time in  hope you all soon back fishing in UK bet smiler not feeding the mice   Steve might have to buy  him a cat >:D