News:

Welcome to the Big Bash Angling Club Forum

Main Menu

Corona 19

Started by andy w8, March 19, 2020, 22:46:51

Previous topic - Next topic

andy w8

Hi lads my brother has spoken to a doctor today and there is 2 strains of the virus and doctor says it's 100time worse than what government are making out to be .just thought to share this info

Mickr1963

Andy,
You only have to watch sky news today and the footage that has been filmed in the Italian hospital to realise that this if we don't heed government warnings could be headed our way, I do not believe we are being told the full facts about the strain of virus as the panic would increase. Let's just hope they find an antidote sooner rather than later
All Leeds Aren't We

Leo Martin

Its real guys, very real and as the days go by it will become even more scary for everyone.  I know its the BBC but i use this website to monitor the growth  of the virus in our area and places close by. the numbers are starting to climb with the 1st confirmed case in north Linc's called out today.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51768274

In January / February there was a global website that I was monitoring and you could see it creeping out of Wutan,  the virus source.

The press are ramping up the fear, whether intentional or not I am not certain but it has resulted in empty shops whilst I don't see much social separation being practised.

I saw my first face mask being worn in Morrison's Scunny today and another woman walking round with a scarf held over her mouth. I dont know if they had a temperature or cough, maybe they were being wise and taking protective measure?
Unfortunately when people queue to pay they still cluster together. and spread any germs they carry.  The poor till girls are being breathed all over with out protection. The cig counter request not to put money n mouths and they are behind a counter.

My doctors have it right, receptionist glass windows stay shut and we talk through them, loads of anti bacterial hand stiff to squirt and wipe your hands. Doctors doing telephone diagnosis where ever possible.

Dentist also today cancelling over 70s appointments, wearing a face mask, antibacterial hand stuff on entry and leaving, even not using a drill device for the clean up of teeth. the down side is a hand scrape which is not good.

At work I cant remember how many conversations and meetings on COVID 9 this last week I have been involved in, a daily nightmare on all counts as changes happening every day.

I cant see it getting better for a while yet, as Mike says we must follow the advice from the government and advisers to help the situation. its in all our hands for what we can do but we all rely on each other as well. This is where we may fail if the supermarket shelves are anything to go by.

Interested in other peoples views and thoughts as this topical subject has replace Brexit big time.

stay safe and stay strong guys.
Duck Hunter Extraordinaire

Leo Martin

Some fisheries in our area starting to lock gates and close now,

Hayfields taking the lead and PineLakes in Thorne a second one. I guess more will follow suit either voluntary or be instructed by government.

Gardens beckoning or dare I say the dreaded paint and wallpaper exercise, may be lucky as if on lock down shops wont be open to purchase any.

Leo Martin

Angling Trust
49 mins
LET'S BE CLEAR. THE LOCKDOWN MEANS NO FISHING. WE MAY SEEK CLARIFICATION AT THE THREE WEEK REVIEW STAGE BUT FOR NOW WE CAN'T LEAVE OUR HOMES FOR ANYTHING OTHER THAN THE REASONS STATED BELOW. STAY SAFE

People in the UK will only be allowed to leave their home for the following purposes:

Shopping for basic necessities, as infrequently as possible
One form of exercise a day – for example a run, walk, or cycle – alone or with members of your household
Any medical need, to provide care or to help a vulnerable person
Travelling to and from work, but only where this is absolutely necessary and cannot be done from home
Police will have the powers to enforce the rules, including through fines and dispersing gatherings. To ensure compliance with the instruction to stay at home, the government will:

Close all shops selling non-essential goods, including clothing and electronic stores and other premises including libraries, playgrounds and outdoor gyms, and places of worship
Stop all gatherings of more than two people in public – excluding people you live with
Stop all social events, including weddings, baptisms and other ceremonies, but excluding funerals
Parks will remain open for exercise, but gatherings will be dispersed.

Indian

Stay safe everyone hopefully see you soon  :bigfish: :bigfish: :bigfish:

kiwi

Stay safe we are in lock down in New Zealand not even allowed one man out on a boat the snappers will miss my bait

Skyblue1987

As Vera lynn sang we'll meet again don't know where don't know when but I'm sure we'll meet again some sunny day..
I had a season ticket once you know

kiwi

Message from space lab keep sending us food we are staying till  virus as gone