News:

Welcome to the Big Bash Angling Club Forum

Main Menu

Coaching - what's your views?

Started by steve, February 12, 2020, 09:17:46

Previous topic - Next topic

weldec

Quote from: kiwi on February 17, 2020, 23:03:17
Leo it the same with bowls he have a couple of top bowler here in NZ  for year pushing one make  bowls along came a Australian company with a bigger wallet  now they singing a different hymn it the usual case of money talks

Hi Roy, lovely to hear from you mate.

That's very true, we would all bull up the products if we were getting them for nothing.  But with the pro's it dosen't matter what gear they use they have a natural ability

andy w8

Leo you tend to use your gear on a coaching day. As far as tackle goes think that's just sponsored angling talk.was told from nick speed don't believe every thing in magazines  a lot of it is just sales.
Think when it comes to box all same.rods it's about having the right tools for the job ie through action for f1 as not to pull hooks out and having faith .poles yes the longer you go out the more it pays a part in top end poles ie lighter and stiffness =more bites you hit

tackletart

Hi Leo

Yes they all use the top end gear as it is usually all quality stuff.
As sponsored anglers they have to say what they have to say about their sponsors gear.
Terminal tackle does seem to be a bit more of a personal choice.
What you see in their magazine/video features is not always the case off camera.
Sometimes they tweek these items to suit their own requirements.
I suspect it's a confidence boost getting sponsored which and like i say most companies gear is pretty good.
Vegatarian is Indian for Lousy Hunter

Leo Martin

thanks guys for your opinions. I knew I should have kept my wicker basket......
Duck Hunter Extraordinaire

tackletart

Yes but wicker basket bum was never a good look  ;D
Vegatarian is Indian for Lousy Hunter

kiwi

Leo bet your wicker basket didn't cost you a arm and leg because it had some firms logo plastered on it

Leo Martin

Too true Roy, soak it in water to tighten it up, a coat of Shelac varnish and good to go.
Strange how all my fear including snap and drink fit inside too. Must have been like dr Who's tardis.

Skyblue1987

I had a season ticket once you know

Skyblue1987

I want to know what happens with all the gear when they change brands??? I don't know how they think us anglers
Trust being the oppertive word what they say...The best ever pole,box luggage etc...then few years down the line...
No this is the best ever! But that's what they are paid/ sponsored to do....there aren't many that stay for the long run
I thought Bob nudd would stay with browning  forever.But even he had a break with Fox/ matrix but he's gone back.
I think matrix pulled off the coup with the signing of Jamie Hughes now I would like a day with him...

steve

Jamie Hughes - yes, what an angler. His YouTube videos are brilliant! Not sure about his Grayling fishing though!  ;D

Skyblue1987

Mind you Steve I don't think you need anymore lessons after all those years with the main man...
Smiler :bigfish: all those free lessons.How to cast and catch a branch...bait presentation and how to make 1 bag of pellets last three years...How to catch and release those fish after you have put them in a net and I'm sure many more that you can recall....After his angling times  article  he's been sort after for many an angler on many fisheries
But he couldn't find his way there so many let down... He's first in the queue for these self driving cars if he can find one to follow

steve

Yes your right mate.
This winter has been a whole new experience. For the first time for many years we decided not to do a winter league but instead invested in some lures and bait casting rods and upside down reels. You can follow where we have been on the stainy canal by the spinners, plugs and lures hanging in the far bank trees.  😆

Leo Martin

I really do hope the Big Bash Drennen star Pike angler managed to catch something other than the Hawthorne, Elm or Horse Chesnut species.

steve

Don't believe everything that you read on his hat!
He managed two plastic bags a roll of barbed wire and a narrow boat that put up a bit of a struggle. 😊

Nigel David Cooke

to be fair I personally think you learn more from club matches although going with professionals will fine tune your tackle, but fish are wild creatures and can disappear as soon as they arrive specially ide and f1s, watercraft comes with experience and u will always have an Angler with a card up his sleeve, I've fished nationals with some of the finest anglers in the country and learned hell of a lot. but this was on rivers and canals so commercial waters are so different to moving waters, the thing with club fishing is that its friendly as we are not fishing for mega money, go out enjoy your day and do t be afraid to ask any one owt tight lines lads