News:

Welcome to the Big Bash Angling Club Forum

Main Menu

use of pole pot tpo place feeder question

Started by Leo Martin, January 23, 2020, 20:40:39

Previous topic - Next topic

Leo Martin

Guys,

A very valid question was raised on facebook regarding the placement of a method or other type of feeder (attacthed to a rod and line) by a pole pot.

The practise is used in some fisheries, there are rules against in others apparently. similarly some clubs allow and some dont.

Nothing wrong with asking the question and excellent asking well in advance of the summer league starting.

So whilst we have a large number of rules in place, to avoid any grey areas and fall outs, what are peoples views on the practise of placing a feeder attatched to rod and line by the means of a pole pot?

Please debate and we can judge if a ballot is required:
Duck Hunter Extraordinaire

Mickr1963

I can't see a problem with it, I have only had to resort to it once in all my years of fishing and that was a very windy day where the pole could not be held, I had an island at 15 metres and it had a lot of trees and vegetation. Shipping the feeder across in the pole cup allowed me to present the feeder perfectly each time without losing feeders snagging up in the trees and reeds, for me this isn't for banning just a solution to problems we sometimes face in angling situations due to conditions
All Leeds Aren't We

tackletart

It is something I saw at Lindholme the other day.
It was a guy carping on Loco.
He was fishing Indians peg at last match.
Looked like a cheapo pole he had.
He was dropping a rig just under the edge of that sunken tree.He couldn't have cast the rig to where he put it.
5 mins later a barney rubble in the bag.
Just got me thinking if it was a rule breaker or not.

Vegatarian is Indian for Lousy Hunter

Nigel David Cooke

Personally I don't have a problem with it but if you're shipping a feeder out with a pole  why not just use a float, I have some.....    . 4 margin floats for sale red or yellow 2.5 tips for sale much better to watch a float

Leo Martin

Any more views and opinions on this question?

Indian

Leo Martin

Interesting, not as many negatives on the forum as facebook, much less divided opinion.

tackletart

Same here Leo..
Now everyone's going to be doing it next match lol
Vegatarian is Indian for Lousy Hunter

Leo Martin

Lol we know where that goes as well ........