News:

Welcome to the Big Bash Angling Club Forum

Main Menu

2020 BBAC Summer League rules

Started by Leo Martin, November 09, 2019, 13:53:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Leo Martin

Any more views guys?

It looks like the majority are now in favour of adopting the proposed changes and updates so if no objections I will look to post at end of the week.

Many thanks guys
Duck Hunter Extraordinaire

Mickr1963

Leo,
Looking at rule 7 regarding keepnets, it might be worth putting into the rule that when using own nets a call will be made ten minutes prior to match start time for nets to go in as we do now. When using fishery supplied nets surely these can be put in as and when setting up?
All Leeds Aren't We

steelcowboy

Agree with Mike about nets

But I still think rule 21 conflicts with rule 5 unless I am misunderstanding rule 21 which I think reads all members will be automatically down to fish each match and it's up to the member to be opt out from lithe match list ?

If this is the case then how can The rule 5 work as first come first served ? Sorry but just looking for clarification

I understand that most knock up matches are booked under the individual who books them if this is the case I don't know how you can Police / Inforce rule 26

Leo Martin

Quote from: steelcowboy on November 14, 2019, 17:53:03
Agree with Mike about nets

But I still think rule 21 conflicts with rule 5 unless I am misunderstanding rule 21 which I think reads all members will be automatically down to fish each match and it's up to the member to be opt out from lithe match list ?

If this is the case then how can The rule 5 work as first come first served ? Sorry but just looking for clarification

I understand that most knock up matches are booked under the individual who books them if this is the case I don't know how you can Police / Inforce rule 26

Sorry Max I am confused.

How would you propose any rule or word changes please?

weldec

Leo, Not sure if this is something that needs clarity.

Whilst you have your war & peace of club rules,  I feel that any fishery rules should supersede any club rules. 

steelcowboy

Leo when a match is posted will not all 22 members be on the list ? And then it is up to the member to post if he will not be attending ? Have I got this correct ? If so and no one cancels this will surely mean we will have 22 fishing  on 20 booked pegs so again if this is correct how can it be 1st come 1st served as rule 5 states  when all 22 have been listed to fish .?

Hope this makes sense or it could be just me who has read the rules wrong

Will explain to a committee member on Saturday cheers

Leo Martin

Hi Max, the system would reflect closely to what has worked for several years already except the first come first served basis.

In simple terms this is how i see it workine below:-

post goes up with all 22 names ( if 22 pay on and join)
members confirm or deny their wish to fish on forum yes or no.
7 days before match anyone who has not posted to fish yes or no will be removed and we invite guests if need be to 20 pegs total
if there are more than 20 members who wish to fish, then we will see if we can get extra pegs to meet the requirement.
If we can happy days, if we cant then the members to fish are those who have confirmed on forum in first come first served basis to the number of 20 pegs as posts will be dated.
The best way to confirm your booking on a match is to book on early and it is hoped people will be honourable and not reserve their peg and then cancel at last minute.

This answers rule 5 and 21 for those dropping out after the 7 day ruling.

Skyblue1987

Im not running knockups next year as I did this year...so hope this clears up your querie on that point Max.
I had a season ticket once you know

steelcowboy

Mike if all goes well with the move I never expected you to be running any more matches after tomorrow

Leo Martin

Rules posted below taking on board comments and amendments made by members.

Big Bash Angling Club 2020 Summer rules

1.   Joining fee £20 of which £10 will go towards end of year prizes and £10 towards a no show fund.
2.   No show fund if not utilised by individual anglers to be used to pay last match pegging.
3.   Membership of 2020 summer league to be capped at 22 members
4.   Matches in 2021 to be booked at 20 pegs
5    If extra pegs are needed and cannot be obtained above the 20 limit then match booking will be allocated on first come first served basis from forum bookings
a.   League points to be awarded on section basis
b.   1st in section receive 1 point
c.   2nd in section receive 2 points etc.
d.   If there is a 6 man section then 5th place and 6th place will both receive 5 points. If there are 4 man sections then the    maximum number of points earned in 5 man section will be 4.
e.   20 anglers = 4 x 5 sections
f.   19 anglers = 3 x 5 and 1 x 4 section
g.   18 anglers = 2 x 5 and 2 x 4 sections
h.   17 anglers = 1 x 5 and 3 x 4 sections
i.   16 anglers = 4 x 4 sections
j.   If a person does not turn up to fish he will receive 8 points
k.   All anglers are to be encouraged to weigh in.
l.   Anglers who fish whole match but don't catch, lowest weight section points.
m.   Anglers who fish match, catch and don't weigh in to receive lowest weight section points +1
n.   Where fishery allows you can cast to far bank if no angler opposite
o.   You cannot fish beyond halfway to the next angler with consideration and respect to surrounding anglers
p.   Rule breaking in matches
q.   Any rule breaking is noticed, the item is to be brought to duty committee members attention and they will deal with it straight away and make a decision so as not to be kept being mentioned throughout the match.
r.   Out of the full seasons matches, only 3 highest scores to be dropped not 5 as previous.
6.   Fishery rules will apply to all matches
7.   Keep-nets to be dried on bankside prior to match starting. A call to put nets in water will be made 10 minutes prior to the match starting. If fishery nets are provided then the fishery rules will dictate when nets can be put in the water
8.   Big Bash 2 day event to only count points from first match
9.   Big Bash 2 day event second match to be run as a mystery pairs match
10.   Weigh ins to be conducted by the first 2 pegs except where fishery staff weigh in i.e. Messingham sands and Grange.
11.   Scales to be read by same person throughout weigh in except for own peg.
12.   The Person running the match or a designated committee member to accompany the weigh in team and mark the sheet to try avoid any discrepancies.
13.   The weigh in should not start without the presence of the match organiser.
14.   Match times to be 10 to 4, 10 to 3 pm prior to chocks changing unless exceptional circumstances
15.   If it deemed unsafe to fish by incremental weather ( storms. Lightening , high winds) a decision can be taken by the match officials as to cancellation or postponement of the match fr a time period. If the match is cancelled all points will be void
16.   Peg allocation for disabled anglers and / or novice anglers.   
Disabled
a.   If park behind peg then disabled angler draws out of hat, no preference to pegs and helper to take next peg up.
b.   If not park behind peg then 1st two pegs are to be given next to car park
Novice
c.   Novice to draw and helper to have next peg up. If end peg drawn
d.   If either draw an end peg then helper to have next peg down.
e.   Both of above to draw out of hat first, before other members
17. Match fee's to be standardised at £20
18. Payouts
a.   Payouts to be standardised if possible across season except Fur and Feather.
b.   Payouts to exist of a first prize and 1st and 2nd in sections
c.   Example
d.   20 x 20 fee's = £4.00
e.   Pegging fees @ £8.00 = 20 x 8.00= £160
f.   £400- £160= £240 pools
g.   4 x 1st in sections @ £30 = £120
h.   4 x 2nd in section @ £20 = £80
i.   First in match = £40
j. End of league payout for top 4 in league
19. Challenge Cup
Challenge Cup competition
a.   £10 joining fee
b.   Run as 2017 with pairs drawn from first summer league match and same rules re first available match to fish etc.
c.   Matches have 2 chances to fish or person available for second leg will receive a bye
d.   Once down to finalists then a second draw to be made from original entrants minus the 2 finalists.
e.   Second draw may include 3 per leg instead of 2 due to reduced numbers.
f.   Finalist of first and second leg to share the total payout as 2 x firsts and 2 x seconds (sharing pay-out around more
g.   Example
I.   First draw
II.   1st leg of 16 ( 8 x 2 round 1) 2nd round of 8 ( 4 x 2 round 2) 3rd leg of 4 ( 2 x 2) final = (1 x 2) = 1st and 2nd
III.   Second draw
IV.   1st leg of 14 ( 2 x 3 + 4 x 2 round 1) 2nd round of 6 ( 1 x 3 + 2 x 2 round 2)  final  ( 1 x 2 ) = 1st and 2nd
20.  Match posts to be entered on forum at least 3 weeks in front of the match
21.   It is up to league members to opt out of match if unable to fish and have 7 days notice from match date to withdraw. Any angler not showing up for match will be charged £8.00 peg money
22.  A spreadsheet will be utilised to record no shows in less than the 7 day opt our rule
The £8.00 will be requested even if the peg has been filled and at the end of the year a charitable donation will be made from the no show moneys
23 .The biggest fish competition can only be won from a summer league member. Small pay-out from summer league contributions
a) When weighing in the biggest fish, if at places like Messingham sands any fish is refused to be weighed by the onsite weigh in team then no fish from that match will count
  b) Biggest fish competition to run from start of summer league to Fur and Feather match.       
24. Lakes where peg numbers are less than 20, committee places to give up first to enable club anglers to fish if numbers are full.
25. Fur and Feather match pay-outs to be on section basis. Total monies to be split into 1st and 2nd section winners only
26. Any BBAC member bringing the club into any disrepute at any fishery will receive an instant ban from the Big Bash Angling Club

18th November 2019