Welcome to the Big Bash Angling Club Forum

Main Menu

Big Bash vs James Maude the decider 2019 Lindholme Loco

Started by Leo Martin, October 12, 2019, 20:32:50

Previous topic - Next topic

Leo Martin

Big Bash AC vs James Maude AC Second Leg Lindholme Loco 12.10.2019
The Martin (Ferret) Ferraby and Terry ( Ched) Cheeseman Memorial Cup Decider

The long awaited deciding leg in the 2019 cup competition on Loco Lake at Lindholme chosen by the Big Bash AC as their home venue. 30 pegs split it two bags and James Maude selected their bag and off each club goes to make their draw.
Big Glen on whistle for the all in at 10:00 and away we go.

Mick Roche first on a fish, then a few more caught around the lake then it switched off and was rock hard for each and every one of us.

Each and every angler working their nuts off to try gain a bite, lure a liner, sneak a fish. Plan A working through plan B, C and onwards past A1 and B1 etc. switching and changing, leaving bait well alone (don't move the feeder) in a quest for fish and valuable section points. Patience was key as the bites proved hard to achieve.

Alan Slack to my left had a couple early on, small carp in the middle then 2 within 10 minutes and a couple towards the end for a section win, well doe Alan, great company today. Gary Summerscales to my right struggled with 2 small perch for 8 ounce and thanks for coming. Good to catch up today buddy, tried everything but it wasn't to be, I don't know what you could have done different. On another day I'm sure you would have caught. My own match well one large f1 on 6mm pellet, long lean spell then few silvers on double maggot in an area which was snag ridden at top 2 +3. Even couldn't get bites on double maggot. Then long chuck with banded dead reds ( copying Slaccky) and a decent carp. Another wrap round, engaged but decent fish kited left and snagged me breaking my hook length. I did swear at this point, sorry Garry. Another wrap round on washter and another decent carp in the onion bag. 15-3 for the day.

End of match and quite a few anglers wanted to stay on ( only joking) on whats been a hard days fishing. Maybe we need to move these matches earlier in the year, maybe more practise is required?

Two weigh in crews, myself and Steve Curtis and Billy, Paul and Scott made quick work today, well done everyone.

Peg 3 Jack Crabtree BB 11-2  2 points
Peg 4 Scott Dibble JM 2-10 4 points
Peg 5 Dave fox BB 15-7 1 point section win
Peg 6 Dave Lilliman JM 10-9 3 points
Peg 7 John Balmforth BB 0-15 5 points
Peg 8 Dave Sewell JM  0-13 6  points

Peg 9 Andy Waite BB 40-8 1 point and match win
Peg 10 terry Wiggins JM 4-4 5 points
Peg 15 Mick Roche BB 10-0 4 points
Peg 16 Gary summerScales JM 0-8 6 points
Peg 17 Leo Martin BB 15-3 3 points
Peg  18 Alan Slack JM 19-15 2 points section win
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Peg 19 Stephen Akal BB 11-6 3 points
Peg 21 Brian Cox JM 11-12 2 points
Peg 22 Steve Guy BB  3-6 5 points
Peg 23 Ian Carr JM 2-5 6 points
Peg 24 Steve Curtis BB 23-8 1 point section win
Peg 25 Phil Smedley JM 10-2 4 points

Peg 26 Smiler BB 20-0 2 points section win
Peg 34 Nick Heath JM 16-9 4 points
Peg 35 John Lanelly BB  17-13 3 points
Peg 36 Pete Lambert JM  31-11 1 point 3rd in match
Peg 37 Mike Dodd BB 7-9 5 points
Peg 39 Billy Harrison JM 7-1 6 points
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Peg 41 Big Glen BB 19-5 3 points
Peg 42 Pete Jackson 35-10 JM 1 point 2nd in match
Peg 44 Kev Indian Webster BB 25-2 2 points
Peg 45 Roger Summerscales JM 12-10 4 points
Peg 47 John Utting BB 4 -15 5 points
Peg 48 Paul Skeldon JM 2-9 6 points
Section 1 BB 8 JM 13
Section 2 BB 8 JM 13
Section 3 BB 9 JM 12
Section 4 BB 10 JM 11
Section 5 BB10 JM 11

Match winner Andy Waite BB  40-8
Second in match Pete Jackson JM  35-10
Third in Match Pete Lambert  JM 31-11

Section winners
Dave Fox BB 15-7
Alan Slack JM 19-15
Steve Curtis BB 23-8
Smiler BB 20-0
Kev Indian Webster BB 25-2

Champion of champions 
Steve Curtis 35-14+23-8 = 59-6   Champion
Dave Lilliman 4-7 + 10-9 = 15-0

Big Bash AC 53+45 = 98  Big Bash Retain the cup
James Maude AC 52+ 60 = 112

Many thanks to everyone from both clubs taking part. "Theres more to angling than catching fish" as Steve Guy says and the friendships between these club anglers is second to none, long may it continue.

Many thanks to the guys who assist with the organising of the match, the weigh ins, and the time keeping, big team effort from everyone in both clubs.

A special thankyou to Mike and Paul Wright for the suggested pegging today.

Thank you to Mick Langford at Skellydale and Aaron at Lindholme for providing us with the lakes and facilities for our matches. Also the Lindholme Girls for todays catering, best bites of the day for some today ?

Thank you to those in both clubs who fish week in week out helping everyone improve and compete for places. Team places are a premium for our matches and taking part is the highlight of our season for many of us.

Thank you to my good friend Billy Harrison James Maude team Captain for all his help in the organising and running these team matches.

We go again next year 18th April, I look forward to seeing you all there.
Duck Hunter Extraordinaire

weldec

James Maude Angling Club  1969 - 2019

Big Bash Ac  v James Maude Ac  Lindholme Lakes,  Loco Lake

Saturday 12th October 2019

Weather: Dry start to the day, some sunny spells staying dry.

Well the day had arrived when the James Maude Ac lads traveled up North to Lindholme Lakes and Loco was waiting for the 2nd leg with the Bee Bee Boys.
The warm greeting as always followed up by handshakes and the extraction of money. The draw bags were presented to the away team James Maude and Pete Lambert  took on the chosen role of bag selection.  Each team went to their captain in an orderly manner, with a very orderly que, the banter was flowing and  the excitement was building, utensils collected as the appetites were building for the great encounter that was to follow.. Anglers had reached the point of no return as they felt the warmth of the over counter heater, presented before them was what was to prove you can have your pie and eat it too.
The luxurious pastry that encased the chunks of quality meat, a credit to the pie maker, to add to this the day only got better as the pie was accompanied by chips and peas,with lashings of gravy to complement the palatable dish that was handed to each angler.  We must compliment the kitchen staff at Lindholme Lakes. For their time and effort in making the day worthwhile and highlight of the day.

The match took place on Loco Lake as the boys went Loco.

Well done Bee Bee Boys.  Pi R Square for you.

Humble pie for JM.

steve

Well done to everyone for having the patience to stick it out. To Leo and his helpers for the faultless organisation and of course to Jasper for choosing and booking the venue  ;D
The "lesser anglers" done good!!

kiwi

steve