News:

Welcome to the Big Bash Angling Club Forum

Main Menu

2019 round 14 Lindholme Loco

Started by Leo Martin, September 21, 2019, 22:35:28

Previous topic - Next topic

Leo Martin

Summer league round 14 Lindholme Lakes Loco.

The penultimate round of the summer League and also Loco lake sneaky practise before the Big Bash vs James Maude deciding team match.
Autumn is the season of change, early morning mist, temperature changes, todays weather was a lovely bright sunny day, slightly awkward wind at times and I suppose the major change of the day was adjusting to the fish having an off day with bites hard to come by as Loco fish drove the Big Bash anglers Loco.
Morning breakfast table full, nice to see Paul Abbey and Dave Dobbs from LORAC AC who are joining the BB Winter league again. We also re-welcomed guests Paul Whitehouse and Eddie Hearn who both collected brown envelopes, well done guys.
For many Bashers there couldn't have been a greater contrast with the previous weeks match  at Jansons and "real" fishing of Lindholme. 
Lake shared with some Open Anglers ( who also struggled) but each angler had a spare peg alongside them, Great teamwork and assistance once again from Jasper, Mike, Glen and Indian and Andy W8 on weighing in duties, thank-you.
Peg 27 office for the day on the dreaded bank backing onto Bennies, with neighbours Dave Fox, Indian and Glen on end peg but within talking range.
Pellet waggler, Bomb rod and several pole lines were the choices for the day. Long story short I've not had any carp interest in my many offerings. One period I chose to go the silver route as neighbours Indian and Dave were also without carp so thoughts were bag some silvers and hopefully much needed section points however one fish from Indian killed these thoughts and Dave also caught one to rub salt in so back in search of a carp bite.
Big Glen started the match off in style, 4 fish in his first 6 chucks. His offerings hit the spot and not sure if it was the bait or his topless body attracting them. Taking advantage of the end peg he fished a great match catching though-out the day to record his second loco match win this season. Well done my friend.
Overall the weights recorded were very much lower than expected, that's fishing and why we throw out our challenge to catch fish. The quality of the fish caught was outstanding with some very heavy lads and lasses caught to show that you only need a few to soon amass a very good weight.
Paul Smiler Atton had one such unit which he managed to land on light tackle, but come the weigh in and lifting his net it had mysteriously vanished? Someone had switched his net and Paul in his urgency to weigh his conquest didn't even notice the difference in a round or square keepnet as they has been swapped. I guess his last laugh was taking the small gold coin form his good friend Steve Guy which makes 3 on the trot now, just saying Steve.
Special mention to Stephen Akal (aka Steak) who chose a busy day silver bashing and totalled 19-0, well done sir.
Scores on the doors
Match winner Glen Haynsz peg 30 57-2
Section winners
Keith TT Smith peg 3 38-2
Eddie Hearn peg 15 49-4
Jack Crabtree peg 20 31-4
Kev Indian Webster peg 29 18-8
Second in sections
Andy Jasper Wilson peg 5 25-8
Paul Whitehouse peg 17 46-12
Andy Waite peg 24 29-8
Dave Fox peg 26 12-2
Everyone's friend, Jack Crabtree's pre match collection and coinage handed out to Max $teelcowboy Bates and the Jack Crabtree foundation.
The final semi-final round of the second bite of the cherry challenge cup between Indian and Foxy was a win for kev Webster, well done sir.
Final summer league match is on Messingham Grange on 5th October, all to play for in the league, some anglers to confirm and spare pegs available.
Winter league place bookings also being taken

Photos are on our facebook page
Duck Hunter Extraordinaire

weldec

Leo a report on a tough day, how many anglers were on the lake ?.  Can't seeing it getting any better in October mate. Well done Glen.

jasper31

Nice one leo...

Billy - there was 18 of us and maybe 6 of the open lads which was only won with 69lb. At least fishing will be the same for everyone in October, its not reliant on the draw.
Wasn't me!

Leo Martin

The whole of the complex looks to have been a struggle yesterday so not reflective on its usual high performance. Thats fishing I suppose and the challenge of catching fish.

Loco had 6 Open anglers sharing the lake with us, and recorded weights of 2 x DNW, 39.5, 69.1, 62.15 & 45.5.
Willows open anglers recorded  50.7, 2 x DNW 49.9, 62.1 & 53.15.
Bennies open anglers section  had 117.10, 57.4, 95.9, 128.8, 73.1 an 142.12

Results from Nomads fishing club on Bennies pegged from peg 1 onwards behind Loco recorded the following wieghts

Match result from bennys at lindholme 21/9/19

1st Geoff 160.10
2nd Pete t 78.13
3rd Graham 69.3
4th doug 58.1
5th Wayne 56.2
6th George 54.3
7th mick 40.15
8th Neil 34.5
9th Barry 26.11
10th Richard 22.7
11th Brian 16.7
12th Ben 10.13

Duck Hunter Extraordinaire

Fishtank

Good to see you guys,

It definitely switched off for what ever reason, our club match behind you on Strip was won with 65-12, then 63-2 and 58-4 completed the top 3.
Well done Glen.

cheers

Paul

jasper31

Wasn't me!