News:

Welcome to the Big Bash Angling Club Forum

Main Menu

Glebe Knock up 17th August 2019

Started by Leo Martin, August 17, 2019, 21:49:48

Previous topic - Next topic

Leo Martin

17th August 2019 Glebe Knock up

Early start for this one as w=our clocks are set for around 5 am for the long journey to the junction 23 Truckstop meeting point for £4.99 breakfast of 2 bacon, 2 saugsage, half a round of fried break, 2 fried eggs ( or scrambled), beans or tomatoes and toast. Much welcomed after the 90 minute drive to set you up for the further 20 minutes to the Glebe Fishery.
7 Bashers, 5 guests and 1 honorary Basher who ha,  taking a break from match fishing, he who goes by the name of PapaKev. Great to have you back in the thick of things mate, you're looking good. Hope the banter was flying around your lake?
So this match has been booked for many months, the list of anglers fishing has changed several times and our good friend Mr Dodd has been busy busy behind the scenes to ensue replacements were found, deposits returned and all could be done to ensure the day ran smoothly. As match admin the main aim is that all runs smoothly and plans are to do as much up front to ensure there is as little stress, less grief, and everyone is happy bunnys and enjoy their day. When the $hit hits the fan you have to deal with it in the best way possible and Mr Dodd esquire did a sterling job today as you couldn't predict what was to happen on arrival at the net dip.
First word as someone is setting up on our lake! Next thing is they are not moving, we are to move from lakes 4 and 5 to 3 and 9. Happy days not! Anyhow arrangements shuffled. 8 on one lake, 6 on other and 2 matches to be fished separately.  The choice of the 2 lakes was 9 and the alternative lake 3 ( Uglies) was not as favoured as it very rarely gets match fished, more pleasure and specimen type due to size of fish in it. I do wonder if we got Uglies in reflection of Roy seeing who was to fish it?
Anyhow grieving and ranting over and peg 62 was my home of the day, yes on Uglies. I was told to expect 6 bites maybe all day, well that was an exaggeration I can tell you.
End of an island opposite, open water and a nice 18 inch margin to my right under a tree.
First bite came at 4pm from margin, second bite 4:20 and 3rd at 4:40 but it was foul hooked so I ended up with a scale. 2 fish 20lb 1 oz, thanks for coming and a long drive home. Some guys cracked it and caught, well done to those but a lot only caught 5 or 6 fish. They were proper lumps with Gavin weighing one net of 60lb for 4 fish but it was hard work and alog day at the office for everyone. Not sure how lake 9 fished, sounded like paradise.
The Miracle baits crew did well again.
Well done to Shaun Moss 151lb 4, Steve 113lb and that man Papakev 3rd 60-15 on Lake 9
Well done to Carl 98-12, Gavin 65-14 and Andy w8 49.11 on Uglies lake 3.

Special mention to match admin and organiser Mike Dodd for pulling it out of the bag and holding it together and thanks for letting me have a late entry
Next Big Bash match 24th August Lindholme  Bonsia, spare pegs available please be  in touch if interested in fishing with us
Duck Hunter Extraordinaire

Indian

Think mr marlow owes you lads  a freebie  >:(

Leo Martin

We got one but it was on lake 3 and 9 lol.

Indian

Skyblue1987

I had a season ticket once you know

Leo Martin

How did your match go any more reports off lake 3 or 9?

tackletart

On uglies with the uglies  ;D
The pond looked amazing.
Dont think it has the stock levels of some of the other ponds.If Max and Andy Waite cant catch then ?????

Stared off by potting in a large pot of hemp about 4 mtrs slightly to my left then went out on feeder to island with micros and 8mm pellet.Gave that about 30 mins after casting about 8 times.Not a liner twitch or anything.
Went on my pole line and potted in some corn 6mm and 4mm pellets.After 10 mins float dipped and fish on.
Did same again after 10 mins float dipped and fish on.Only had 5 sections of pole out.The fish took off and bottomed out my black hydro and snapped 5lb shimano silk shock hooklink.
Fed a pot of hemp then went on feeder line.
Fed 3 large feeder fulls of micros and went over it with a yellow washster.
Had to wait then after further casts it went round.
Cast straight back out it went before i had tightened up.Thought i had cracked it.Then nothing.
Tried pole nothing then back on feeder tip went round and hook pulled on a monster at the net.
With then next half hour lost another 2 on the trot on feeder.Hook pulled out again..
Tried rest of match between margin and short pole and feeder.
Nicked 2 more off the feeder.Had i landed all my fish i would have been in the top 3.
Cage feeder with micros and a yellow washter fished best on the day.
Vegatarian is Indian for Lousy Hunter