News:

Welcome to the Big Bash Angling Club Forum

Main Menu

2019 round 9 Wold View Fisheries Gold Lake 6.7.2019

Started by Leo Martin, July 06, 2019, 21:26:33

Previous topic - Next topic

Leo Martin

Big Bash AC Summer league round 9 Wold View Gold Lake 6.7.2019

Weather rain, cloudy overcast, sunshine, flat calm and an occasional breeze. Full mixture today.
A new venue for most of the 15 Bashers, and 3 welcome guests joined us including Sophie Moss, welcome to the Bash, great to have you on board.

An excellent breakfast was enjoyed and then it was a busy day on the admin with a challenge cup draw on top of the day's proceedings. The full Gold Lake was ours thanks to fishery manager Steve Gregory who helped choose the pegs for us. A very proactive and helpful Steve gave the low down to almost everyone on how to fish their pegs. Thank you.

The whole complex is a credit to his hard work with manicured grassland and hedges from the entrance roadways and all around the lakes. Very clean café, well presented breakfast cooked by wife Julie (on her birthday as well). What a team.
The place is set just in the Lincolnshire Wolds and offers peaceful tranquillity with bird song occasionally interrupted by minimal train traffic which is shielded by a high hedge.

Gold lake is reed lined established lake, well laid out pegs, park behind on most and minimum walk of others. There is an island you access via a foot bridge. The lake offers fishing to all styles and the bashers tested most of them today, feeder, bomb, Waggler, long pole, short pole, margins, you name it you can try most things on this water.

Anyway draw made, off to our pegs and 6 hours from Glens first whistle to his second one.
Peg 26 my draw and it was ringed as a flier, well it ended there for me, the least said the better as I eclipsed my own form this time round with loads to spare. Definitely not one to remember

Match winner Mick Roche with yet another ton weight of 101-8 well done Mick. He was pushed close by Sophie Moss in the next peg who actually had 3 lumps jump out her keep net which would have won her the match. Close but no cigar they say but never the less it was a great performance well done and thank you for fishing with us

Match winner
Mick Roche peg 6 101-8
Section winners
Sophie Moss peg 5 95-8
Steve Curtis peg19  95-5
Phil Codlin peg22   52-14
John Utting peg28   58-8
Second in sections
Andy Waite peg 11  56-15
Jack Crabtree peg 16  49-14
Jasper peg 25  38-1
Indian peg36   39-13

The fish have been caught on a selection of baits and methods across the whole lake, well done everybody. Thank you to Glen and  John Balmforth for helping with pegging and draw. Time keeper Glen, and special mention to Steve Curtis once again on weigh in duties, much appreciated as always.

Next match is on Willows at Basecamp Lindholme lakes where Jasper will be in the hot seat whilst I quaff Peroni. Good luck guys and be gentle with him. Guest places are available and loads of club members still to confirm on the forum   
Duck Hunter Extraordinaire

Leo Martin

Guys, please post your views on the match, the fishery etc to help everyone. Thank you

Mickr1963

An excellent well set out fishery which can only be expected with Steve Gregory running it, peg six for me meant nothing as it was the first time along with others I had seen the place, to my right Sophie Moss in peg five being watched over by her dad Shaun a match regular there. On asking him the average size of the margin fish and him saying between 5lb to 8lb and being on a peg that was covered in reeds set up a margin rig 7lb straight through to a LWG size 12 for no messing.
Top four was a chianti 4 x 16 to a 4lb hook length and size 14 F1 pellet hook
13 metres set up not used, shallow rig not used, pellet wag couple of chucks no bites, bomb two spells of five minutes liners but no bites.
Top four took most of my carp fishing a 6mm expander and changing to corn half way through the match, fed green swimstim micros through a toss pot and hand fed 4mm hard pellets over the top.
Peg 5 caught lumps in the margin more or less from the off so I kept feeding groundbait and dead reds into the reeds then lowering a single piece of corn in and bang carp on, again kept altering between top four and margin to keep fish coming regular also lost quite a few big carp as you do in these situations. Come the end of the match I thought I would just sneak it as three carp had decided to vacate next doors keep net and I had just landed another six pounder as time was called. Another great venue well worth a return visit.
All Leeds Aren't We

fishfinder

Good breakfast,lovely place tidy and pond looked good.not seen the place before but was impressed ,made lindholme look like a shit hole.Hope we return, my other club certainly will.Peg 19 my home for the day .Started on pole and paste 1 decent fish than pestered with finicky bites from small f1s.First half of match was getting well battered by jack 2 to my right  but his peg got slower mine improved thank to a switch to method feeder were I had a run of fish 4 of which went 8lb each.few later on floating feeder but nothing in margins.

Leo Martin

Good write ups guys, keep them coming please as it helps us gauge opinion for future.