News:

Welcome to the Big Bash Angling Club Forum

Main Menu

2016 Summer League Table

Started by jasper31, April 21, 2016, 15:52:20

Previous topic - Next topic

jasper31

Well the final summer league match has taken place, all results below with all discounted matches taken off. Its been a great year and a massive well done to Gary for being the 2016 summer league champion. The point system makes it even and a tight contest right to the last match. Good effort by all and thanks to all for the input and assistance, now bring on the winter league and the colder weather....

Wasn't me!

jasper31

Gents - Thread now tidied up, with only one match left in the 2016 summer league the winner is still undecided with only one point in it. Even 3rd place isn't settled as yet so its all to fish for regarding the top 4 people - Gary, Steve, Max and Roger. If anyone wants to stand behind them throwing stones in their pegs then the committee will make a decision on this depending who it is..............I'm only kidding :P
Wasn't me!

gary.summerscales.3

Just like to wish Steve Curtis good luck on the final match, may the best angler or luckiest drawer win,it's quite interesting that Steve's had some big weights while I,'ve had probably worse areas where I,'ve managed section wins with lower weights,suppose people view best angler in different ways but points wise it's all to play for in the last match, good luck to moose and max on their 3rd place shoot out also, just glad to be alive!

Leo Martin

I think it has been a great summer league this year on several counts and not withstanding the increase in matches fished this year to previously. The turn out has been fantastic, thank you.
The section points system does even things out where flier pegs are concerned and rules out the luck of the draw over a full season.
The venue of Tryam may throw up one or two surprises in the draw, size of fish available and methods of fishing to adopt.
Having section numbers fixed at 5 also has been an improvement as the points awarded are more consistent through out the season too.
We can but try to improve our clubs matches, league and competitions for everyone and when you get to season end and positions are so close it is great to see.

Well done and good luck to everyone in the last summer league match of the year. Soon we will be wearing our thermals as we quickly blend into the winter league  :)
Duck Hunter Extraordinaire

weldec

Good Luck Gary and Steve, Roger and Max.  At least a couple of you will have a trophy to pick up after loosing your grip on the JM v BB cup.
Steve don't let Gary get inside your head mate, take your headphones.

Well done Jasper on the league table very impressive.

Have a great last match, it is going to be tough at Tryam.

LINDEN A C

Well done everyone involved in the Big Bash Club , superb lads who all connect together to make a great fishing club and its always a great honour to either fish with you or against you , league table very tight and good luck to all involved on the last match should be a cracking finale to your season. :bigfish: :bigfish: :bigfish:

tackletart

Well done Gary.
Funny but Steve reckons you have had the better draws. >:D
Well done Steve and Roger.
Vegatarian is Indian for Lousy Hunter

kiwi

Well done Gary  bet you wished you had bet on with Roger for a pound as to which of you would come top

Leo Martin

Massive congratulations Gary on becoming the Big Bash Summer league Champion. So close with Steve Curtis chasing you home. Bragging rights in the Summerscales household too with Roger a well earned respectable third. Max and Andy always in the mix swapping places again with each other.
Well done everyone and thank you for making it an enjoyable summers fishing.
Duck Hunter Extraordinaire

andy w8

Big well done to all.  roll on next year  :bigfish:

weldec

Well done Gary,  consistency paid off. Hard luck Steve first looser. Well done Roger.

And so the Champion of Champions will be fought out between Gary Summerscales and the current Champion Ian Carr of James Maude Ac.